Gideon

Duane Bozarth wrote in message ...
Gideon wrote:

Duane,

You describe an idea world, but unfortunately too many items
get returned and reshelved as new. Many store employees
don't even ask if the returned item is damaged.

But they can't re-package it as new packaging....

On some large items that may be correct, but on most items returned
to stores it is easy to resell the item as new. On certain types of items,
I now examine the contents before making the purchase. I've been burned
in the past when opening a package at home and discovering that the
item was a return which showed very obvious signs of abuse. Hell, even
a large snowblower which is returned can get wiped off and sold as a
"floor model" at full retail or nearly full retail.