Joe

I pretty much have to use a solid, because the siding is stained almost
black now. No other way to cover that ugly crap up, because I want a
lighter color. Hopefully the lighter color will also weather better,
because its obvious that my worst spots are in sun exposure areas. The
old stain is in nearly perfect condition in shaded spots.

I'm not terribly concerned about the long-long-term durability of the
stain because I will probably only be here for 2-4 years. But I
definitely want whatever I do to hold up that long.

Oh yeah, stain-blocking is the other reason the paint store guy
recommended an oil coat.

I am considering Olympic stains, as my Menards carries both that and
Pittsburgh.