Al Margita

Default Time for a new furnace & A/C

I'm starting to look for a new furnace & whole house A/C. My old gas Lenox
furnace has held up well & is still working fine after 57 years but I
looking to replace it with a more efficient as well as the bunch of window
A/C units I currently have. One area that may be a problem is that 18
years ago I had an addition put on but at the time didn't run duck work to
that area. Just have a in wall furnace to heat it. I'm looking for
suggestions on what to look for in a furnace (brands, models, accessories)
& A/C unit, questions to ask a contractor & is there a way to have the A/C
to to my addition since there isn't any duck work??? I'm guessing the
furnace & A/C from others I've talked to will be around $4,000 to 5,000 for
the Pittsburgh area, any help on what to use for the A/C in the addition &
approx cost for such thing.
Thanks in advance to anyone that responds,

Al