toller

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message

I have a 7 year old Chamberland opener. The other day it made a funny
noise and wont move the chain at all to put the door down or up.

Is this repairable? Or am I going to have to go buy a new one? I am
trying to watch money as I have a 4 month old at home and did not know
if this was somethign I could repair myself or not.

It's probably a motor start capacitor, easily replaceable.

I had the same symptoms. Took it apart, found nothing wrong, put it back
together; it ran for about 2 cycles before not working. Tried it again,
same results. The third time was too much; it never worked again.
Contacted Chamberlin and asked if it was the capacitor. They said, sure,
maybe.
I replaced the capacitor. Didn't help.

Bought a new opener.
I hope you have better luck.