Stormin Mormon

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message

The OP said the water heater was in a basement, so chances are he can't
drain it completely with a garden hose unless the ground slopes down
away from the house somewhere, 'eh?
CY: Or if there is a sump pump. Or French drain.

And, I'm dubious about how he can get a bucket under the drain valve on
a typical water heater, they're usually only a couple of inches above
whatever the water heater's sitting on.
CY: Right. I'm with you. Pan or tray more likely.

He could use a hose and a bucket to drain the tank and the household hot
water piping down to the height of the bucket without spilling any on
the floor. That's better than dumping it ALL on the floor, I suppose.

The OP is either a troll or someone with a limited ability to fully
describe the instant situation so he could get some really useful
advice. His referring to it as a HOT water heater bespeaks that.
CY: I suspect Mierman is a "she". But, I could be mistaken. Perhaps S/He
will clarify.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia