Phisherman

My fireplace tile is the same color as the carpet, beige. Darker
colors tend to make the object larger, lighter colors smaller. Match
your tile with the floor or wall color.

On 30 May 2005 18:19:23 -0700, "Actor123" wrote:

I'm starting a home project in which I will be covering the wall
surrounding a fireplace with drywall (its currently all brick all the
way to the ceiling). I will then be putting some sort of tiling around
the fireplace itself and the raised hearth, without going all the way
to the ceiling. I will then have a mantle above the tile, and then
wall above the mantle (for artwork).

Anyway, I have a handle on the physics of the project, but I'm lost
when it comes to colors. I'm going for a typical contemporary look -
nothing too out of the ordinary, but that looks elegant. The floors in
that room are a dark brazilian cherry and the walls are light tan. As
a general rule, I tend to prefer light colors, but if that would make
it not go with the dark cherry wood floor then I am flexible on that.
Any suggestions as to tile type/color?

Many thanks