Stubby

TURTLE wrote:

"BoborAnn" wrote in message

Incinerator makes one that's pricy about ($180 at home depot) and has a
replaceable dispenser that injects enzymes that break down vegetable matter .I
had one in the house I bought recently. I had problems with mine the aluminum
portion of the unit rotted through after only 6 years and I got a second one
to replace it
. Can't comment on how good it works but as a person that replaced a septic
system I don't plan on doing it again.
Another cool product you might want to look at is a Septic protector which
filters grey water from your washing machine . Amazing how much lint you dump
into the system.
Bob

This is Turtle.

Bob You would be amazed at what $.25 cent pack of baker yeast will do to help a
septic tank in clearing it up.

Actually, a septic system doesn't rely on any sort of bacteria or yeast.
It's much simpler than that. All the waste goes into the 1000 gal
septic tank where much of it liquifies on its own. Solids sink to the
bottom and it just piles up there. The liquid pours out to the leach
field where it evaporates.

The worst thing that can happen is grease and fat get put into the
system. These float. Therefore, they will get transferred to the
leach field and will clog it. That's your basic $6,000 mistake.

Depending on the number of people in your household, the tank will need
pumped occasionally. That's simply because all the bones, paper goods,
rubber things, and cellulose ("fiber" in nutritional terms) build up in
the tank.

We compost nearly all the vegetable matter. And we put all the fat
and meat leftovers out on the back of the property near the woods.
They're gone in the morning! So we don't use the disposal very much.