JimL

On Mon, 30 May 2005 17:09:31 GMT, RobertPatrick
wrote:

Michael Bushey wrote in
e.net:

From: Michael Bushey
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair

I am in the market for a pressure washer, cold water gasoline, in the
2500 psi range. Where I live in Maine is very rural. Only one local
dealer sells them, a John Deere dealer that has a 2700 psi with a
Honda engine for $899. This unit is noticeably heavy duty in the
appearance of fittings and hose. It

has a 1 year warranty.

Our localHome Depot is having a special on a Ryobi washer with a 7hp
Subaru engine, 3 year warranty, cost $500. This is a 3000 psi machine.
The machines hoses and fittings look more consumer grade than
professional. I checked with

all our local small engine dealers and only one will repair this unit.
In fact that is where Home Depot gets its warranty service done. So
buying this machine is obviously a gamble. Since this is a big promo
here has anyone had experience with the Depot machine or the John Deer
for that matter?

We also have a Sears, I would buy things I could exchange there but
service is bad. I needed a typewriter reapaired once, 6 months later
and many phone calls later nothing had been done

I wouldn't buy any equipment from HomeDepot. They are cheats. This past
winter a customer was returning a snow thrower that he only used 1 time and
it died. They told him it would be repaired only and it was going to take
5 weeks - in the dead of winter! Jerk off store.

I personally prefer a store that doesn't allow returns. I know I'm
getting new, unused equipment when I purchase from them.

Does that make sense or am I wrong?