barbarow

In NJ I used a pressure washer with great results !
"Ray K" wrote in message
The grease is from melted hamburger fat from a barbecue. The deck is well
aged lumber (exposed year round to New Jersey temperatures, rains and
snows, but shaded most of the time) that has never been painted or sealed.
So far, I've tried, separately, dish detergent, bleach, something similar
to 409, and ammonia with limited success. Next I'll try, separately,
laundry detergents (because of their enzymes), TSP, oxalic acid,
water-rinseable auto degreaser/carb cleaners, and an oxygen bleach like
sodium percarbonate.

Any othe suggestions? If the above or your suggestions don't work, I'll
use my belt sander. It doesn't matter if any of the treatments temporarily
alter the appearance, as natural weathering should restore the grayness.

Thanks.

Ray