Michael Bushey

Default Would you buy a Ryobi Pressure Washer from Home Depot

From: Michael Bushey
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair

I am in the market for a pressure washer, cold water gasoline, in the 2500
psi range. Where I live in Maine is very rural. Only one local dealer sells
them, a John Deere dealer that has a 2700 psi with a Honda engine for $899.
This unit is noticeably heavy duty in the appearance of fittings and hose. It

has a 1 year warranty.

Our localHome Depot is having a special on a Ryobi washer with a 7hp Subaru
engine, 3 year warranty, cost $500. This is a 3000 psi machine. The machines
hoses and fittings look more consumer grade than professional. I checked with

all our local small engine dealers and only one will repair this unit. In
fact that is where Home Depot gets its warranty service done. So buying this
machine is obviously a gamble. Since this is a big promo here has anyone had
experience with the Depot machine or the John Deer for that matter?

We also have a Sears, I would buy things I could exchange there but service
is bad. I needed a typewriter reapaired once, 6 months later and many phone
calls later nothing had been done