Edwin Pawlowski

"World Traveler" wrote in message

The company headquarters are in China, but it's a quality, forward-looking
multi-national brand, and the unit you bought was probably from their U.S.
plant. Haier has a large plant adjacent to I95 just south of Florence,
SC., which was built for the specific purpose of understanding and
marketing to the U.S. market. -- Regards --

We have one of their refrigerators in work and it was made in China.
According to their web site, some manufacturing is being done in the US.

http://www.haieramerica.com/about_haier.php
Camden, South Carolina is the site of the $40 million Haier America
Industrial Park. The 110 acres of land is the home of the groundbreaking
state-of-the-art refrigerator facility, which is surely, the first of many.