TURTLE

"djay" wrote in message
news:9Wome.5547$Vm4.2033@trnddc01...
How long can I expect green 4X4 and 2X4 lumber to cure? I have it all stacked
together on a level surface. I do not have 1/4" strips separating the wood,
however there is a constant dry breeze. Am I looking at 6-8 weeks? 6 months?
I know there are variables that I haven't thought of, but I'm just trying to
figure out when I can use this stuff.
Also if this lumber is on a level surface, can I expect it to warp? How can I
prevent warp?

Thanks,

Djay

This is Turtle.

Without Strips deviding the wood to dry. It should be dry by the year 2035 or
maybe 2040.

If you strip it ever 30 inches you should not have much warping of the wood.
Like it is you can see the dry wood by it turning up or bowing up to show it. As
it drys through the years it will bow to tell you it is dry.

Doug Miller has some good words on dring the wood.

TURTLE