John Grabowski

Thanks for the info. Now it makes sense. Well I guess he's got a lot of
work to do to make it right.

"ameijers" wrote in message

"John Grabowski" wrote in message
I'm no expert, but it sounds as though someone sold you a roof and

called
it
a deck. There seems to be a lot of components that I have never seen on

deck before.

(snip)
System they sold him is most often seen on roof decks, versus traditional
decks with open space underneath. Carefully installed, for that

application
it makes sense. A continuous non-skid surface avoids the problems of rain
and debris ponding on the 'real' roof below, where it is a PITA to clean
out, and the problems of how do you hold the deck up off the weather
barrier. Essentially just a very durable membrane roof painted with

nonskid
paint. Most often seen in decks above, say, an attached carport. But if
there is clear space below, and no need to keep the space dry, no reason

not go with a traditional deck.

aem sends....