Backlash

Unless finances are a real issue, I would return the miter box and buy the
Delta $79 electric miter saw, Lowes #21314, model #MS250. Hand miter boxes
are OK, but moldings and such can wiggle around during cutting unless you
have a really firm grip on them. If this is your first time cutting molding
with one, set up the video camera, because it will be fun to watch later.
You can buy a saw, use it, and then if you have no further need for it, then
sell it on a yard sale to recover a lot of your investment. It might even
end up cheaper than renting one, as you get to keep it as long as you want,
and use it at your convenience.

RJ

"blueman" wrote in message
I bought a medium quality ($18) plastic hand miter box at HD (there
were cheaper wood and plastic ones and a more expensive metal one).

I want to use it to cut 45 degree miters for ceiling molding.

How does the accuracy and finish of hand cut miters compare with the
results from a reasonable quality electric miter box?

Thanks