Rich

"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message
news:5w4me.2729$rb6.877@lakeread07...
I have 2 kids with ceramic piggy banks. I'd like to get the money out to
put in the bank to at least keep pace with inflation (I promise it is not
beer money for me).

Is there anyway to open these with some kind of masonry bit without
cracking
them? The banks were gifts, and they're handy to collect loose change
until
it is time for a deposit. Thanks.

Well this is going back a bit for me, but a butter knife stuck in the slot
aligned the coins nicely for a quick small withdrawal! The ice cream truck
coming down the block was the best inspiration for how to get a few sheckles
out. To make a major withdrawal without cracking would take more time and
energy and still might crack the whole mess than it might be worth. Get them
ones with plugs already fit in the underside and the next size up?

Good luck, Rich