Norminn

Karen wrote:
I just can't seem to be able to do this where it looks good. I've put
caulk on my tub two times now; one using the gun thing ended up with big
globs is places. I wet my finger like it said to do and tried to smooth
every thing out. It looked just awful. I got all that off before it
dried. I then bought the tubes that you just squeeze it out. That looked
a little better but not the way I want it to look.
Our hardware store has strip things of caulk. Anyone ever use these?
Think I will buy some today. My question is how do you do the corners,
or when one piece is used up and have to start with a new one how do you
put them together with no seams?
Thanks

It takes some practice - once you get speed, direction and even
pressure, you have it mastered. Clean the gap with bleach. Dry. Lay
down painters' tape along the area you wish to cover. Now - you
practiced this and know how large to cut the opening of the tube (use a
gun), push to apply caulk. Smoothe. Take up the tape right away.
Since you have practiced, you got the caulk the same width as the taped
strip so's the caulk does not lay over the tape. Corners are touchy,
and it might work better to let one side cure before you do the
adjoining side. Gook luck.

The sticky strips I've encountered were trash.