Wes Stewart

On Fri, 27 May 2005 15:12:14 -0500, wrote:

Anyone that can afford to purchase and pay the electric to operate a
spa is wealthy. Use some of your wealth to hire a licensed
electrician. Feel free to run the pvc conduit yourself.

Well. I just installed mine so I have no bill yet to compare to. That
said, while I haven't had the heater turned on for several days, I
have it set to maintain 99F. It's currently at 101F, so if I work it
right I guess I can put juice back into the line and lower my bill.

Having an outside temperature that hit 109 on Sunday probably doesn't
hurt, until I turn on the A/C and then the spa heater goes into the
noise.

Since it just started to sprinkle about 10 minutes ago in Tucson and
the humidity is going up I guess turning off the evaporative cooling
and turning on the A/C is going to happen momentarily.

On 26 May 2005 15:37:16 -0500, "Silencer" wrote:

Here is what I have:
I have a brand new Sq.D 200 amp Homeline panel installed in my garage.
I have an available 50 amp breaker.

What I plan to do is run 1" UV-resistant 41UM Rigid PVC along the foundation
above grade for a distance of 50 feet
to a Sq. D. Spa Panel using four strands of #6.
Anyone with a license see any problems with my conduit or wire sizing????
I plan to have a separate 5/8" copper ground rod just for the spa.