Calvin Henry-Cotnam

Chris Lewis ) said...

Maybe it's unique to Canada, maybe unique to our local HDs, but the
floor staff at our HD are extremely knowledgeable. The electrical
and plumbing sections each have a list of the professional credentials
of 4 or 5 floor staff (ie: a master plumber with 25+ years of experience),
and at least one is always available.

I agree that a lot of the people at many of the HDs near us are quite
knowledgeable.

My only complaint with this is that if I need something off the top of a
shelf (i.e.: I need someone who's only skill is to climb a ladder!), I
have to wait 20-30 minutes while the "expert" employees have to field
a bunch of questions, many of which are well answered by the many how-to
books that can be bought at HD.

Alas, I have learned the secret: move a ladder to where you need it and
start climbing it. It is amazing how fast someone will be there to get
the item down for you! ;-)

--
Calvin Henry-Cotnam
- Napoleon