On 27-May-2005, "Andy" wrote:

However, if you don't know how to do the work,
reading over the
NEC and asking questions of the guy at Home Depot can't hurt a bit.

I would never take advice from a home depot clerk especially regarding
electrical. You have no idea what their level of experience and working as
a hardware clerk somewhat trains you in sounding convincing even if you have
no real idea what you are talking about.

Stick with the books or someone you know is knowledgeable.

"But that's what the guy at home depot told me to do" isn't gonna cut much
ice if someone gets hurt.

you can get good advice in this group but you must raise your level of
knowledge to the point where you can smell the bs if it appears.

ml