meirman

Default Tecumseh push lawnmower with electronic ignition.

Someone gave me a used push lawnmower with a Tecumseh 4-stroke engine.
It has no points or condensor under the fly wheel, so I assume that
means it has electronic ignition.

Is there a clear way to test the ignition coil/assembly to see if it
is good or not?

I get no spark, afaict, using an inline neon spark plug tester.

Am I correct in thinking that repairing the ignition coil assembly
will be next to impossible? And that buying a new one will cost more
than any push lawnmower that is probably 10 years old is worth?

Meirman
--
If emailing, please let me know whether
or not you are posting the same letter.