Duane Bozarth

Jim Katz wrote:

Hi Bob,
I'm afraid that's not a realistic proposition. There is a fair amount
of iron in this well and those passages are probably packed with hard
scale. Considering the amount of time and effort to remove the switch,
it's cheaper to buy even the more expensive commercial model, than to
take it off and replace it again when the first fix fails. If I lived in
a 3rd world country and the nearest replacement was months away, I would
definitely do this. However, as it hasn't failed completely yet, right
now I just need some info on the capability of the standard switch
versus the commercial version.

Well, w/ that viewpoint why even consider it when you're only talking
something on the order of $35 difference?

Personally, can't imagine an installation that would be more than an
hour job to replace the sample line to the switch and the info you've
given and just corroborated indicates it may not be the switch itself
that's at fault, anyway...