Appliance Repair Aid

I have a 10 year old Maytag Washer that works fine.

It started dripping water from the seal between the tub and motor.

They sell an "Under Tub Seal" kit for $50 and a "bearing kit' for $50.
Do I need both - I have a mild drip - but the bearings are quiet.

Has anyone done this replace job? I am relatively handy - is this a
difficult job?

Does anyone know where I can get the above part cheaper?

Harry

Hi,

No model# posted
But if your 10 year old washer is a Dependable Care style Maytag, this
will give you an idea how to change the tub bearing and under water
seal kits...
http://www.applianceaid.com/tub_seal_replacement.html

Does anyone know where I can get the above part cheaper?

I don't think you will.

http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/cgi...12&brand =MAC

http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/cgi...13&brand=M AC

jeff.