Bob

"Jim Katz" wrote in message
The SquareD pressure switch for my well pump is becoming flaky, either
sticking on or not coming back on. I checked Grainger for a replacement
and it appears that the current switch is a commercial job SquareD 9013
GSG2, 30-50 cut off. This switch sells for 56 bucks at Graingers, while
a standard model (FSG2) with the same spec is only about 18 dollars.
This pump and well is now used primarily for home use, although in the
past it was used for some irrigation. Do I really need the expensive
commercial model or will I be OK with the standard model.

You could try removing the old switch and cleaning the passages that allow
the pressure into the switch. You can also clean the contacts by filing them
lightly with a fine, thin file (some fingernail files would work) or
sandpaper.

Bob