DJ

Condensation

"Dick" LeadWinger wrote in message
news
On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 23:23:45 GMT, "Travis Jordan"
wrote:

Dick wrote:
The waste water is pumped into the hot water line. How it
accomplishes that I haven't figured out yet. Seems like swimming
against the tide.

That's why it has a pump. The brine flows into the hot water line,
displacing some of the water contained in the water heater tank into the
cold water line. Which of course then flows back into the inlet of the
RO system.

But what I don't understand is where does all that water go? If it
takes 4 gallons of waste for every 1 gallon of filtered water, I don't
see how you can stuff 4-gallons of water into a water heater that is
already full. There may be a little room, but 4-gallons? Maybe it
just puts a little at a time into the hot water tank when there is
room.

Everyone seems to refer to the waste water as brine. Where does all
this salt come from? Or is that just a term given to the waste water?