Warren Weber

"twfsa" wrote in message
news:h3Zke.144$rb6.92@lakeread07...
After 18yrs junk it and buy a new one!

Tom

Why junk it? The Whirlpool washer bought in 1961 is still going. Raised 2
children. Cloth diapers, lots of loads. Gave it to oldest son 10 years ago
as wife wanted a new one. Son still using it, just changed pump and belt
recently. W W

"Mike O'Donnell" wrote in message
. ..
I have an 18 year old Kenmore direct drive washer. Lately it's not been
draining the tub completely, and occassionally I've seen a small amount of
water leaking from the front. I'm pretty certain that I'm going to be
replacing the pump. While I have it apart I'm going to do an inspection
and cleaning, and even though it doesn't seem to be having any other
issues, is there anything else (gaskets, seals, etc.) that I should just
go ahead and replace, or at least pay special attention to? Most of those
parts are pretty inexpensive and I'd rather replace them while I'm working
on the rest of the unit instead of waiting six months and disassembling
the washer again.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Mike O.