mwlogs

The most difficult part here is making the wall strong enough so it doesn't
wiggle. Normally such a wall would be anchored below the floor, with at
least the end being bolted to floor joists, if not more. Other than that,
it would be built much like a standard wall with studs 16" on center, and a
top and bottom plate. Double top plate and maybe 2x6 rather than 2x4 might
add some strength.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello everyone. Recently I had a posting on here about building a
temporary wall. Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I am finding
out what I really need is called a "half-wall" with a counter top.
Basically identical to that is seen in the picture I have included (
http://images.scrippsweb.com/DIY/200...r105_1cc_e.jpg ). I have
no idea how to even begin. I also have hardwood floors so I would like
it if I can install this without really damaging them in case I want to
remove the wall at some later date. Thank you very very much for your
help. I am a newbie at home improvement and I am being told this is a
very easy job. Thank you.