TURTLE

"Travis Jordan" wrote in message
m...
Texas Yankee wrote:
I need a sanity check - my AC went out a two weeks ago - the tech
found a loose/burnt wire (on the start wind terminal - whatever that
means) - he re-attached it - he mentioned that the compressor seemed
to be working normally, but it was 10 years old and out of warranty -
AC wend down again last night - he came out today, the same wire was
burned out - he re-attached the wire, mentioned that he may not have
repaired it correctly last time, but then again it could be a
compressor problem - the compressor is a RUUD UAKA037JAZ - no charge
for this trip - but he wrote on the bill that a compressor would run
$1,487.07 if it eventually needed to be replaced - does this pricing
sound close to reasonable? These guys have always seemed honest and
reliable previously, but $1400 is $1400 - I gotta check. Thanks,
experts!

Have your contractor use a terminal repair kit.

http://www.qwik.com/q_qwiklug.html

This is Turtle.

Hey Travis , You picked out the best ones known to use for having the screws
sticking out forward and not have the allen screw to tighten with a allen wrench
sideways and in a very small place. I don't buy nothing but these qwiklugs for
the other are too hard to work with.

TURTLE