Duane Bozarth

Jim Ranieri wrote:

"clevere1" wrote in message
Don't even mess around with it. Call a professional and have them look at
it. Otherwise you risk giving yourself serious health complications.

I wouldn't recommend DIY asbestos removal any more than I would recommend
spending time in a smoky bar or going to the beach without sunscreen. But
the asbestos/cancer studies all seem to be based on chronic, long term
exposure. I question whether an individual taking some basic precautions
(respirator, spray mist the area and immediately bagging the waste) would
really put himself in significant danger with a one-time exposure.

Agree wholeheartedly. And, as long as one is careful to not create much
airborne dust by doing stupid things like sanding it, I think the risk
is minimal. Of course, the legal disposition of the trash/waste is
another question if one is conerned of such niceties...