Charles Bishop

In article RlHke.2821$tp.300@fed1read05, "JK" wrote:

We are at the tail end of a bathroom remodeling project. We decided to use
the the IKEA freestanding sink basins, which sit on legs. The basins are
relatively easy to put together, but the one ? I have is how to secure them
to the wall? If anybody has bought anything from IKEA, they know the
instructions are overly simplistic (no words, and a cartoon figure showing
you what to do).

At the back of the basin are brackets with silver dollar sized holes you are
suppose to screw a screw through to the wall. (At least that is what I'm
assuming. The instructions are a bit unclear, and the screws for this
particular task are not included with the basin). The problem is, the
brackets are not located near a stud. What should I use to secure the basin
to the wall. Dry wall screws? Anchors?

They assume you use either screws (if there is framing) or toggle bolts
(if there isn't). As an alternative, when you build the cabinet, or even
after, put a 1x3 or 1x4 ledger at the top of the cabinet, before you put
the top on. You can use this with screws if there is framing outside the
range of the cabinet holes. Shim the cabinet if the wall is bowed.

--
chrles