Sasha

Could you explain to me why connecting ground and neutral wire
"anywhere else but the entry service could result in a potential
difference across the ground wires throughout the system in case of a
short -- a dangerous situation"? They are connected in main panel? What
"dangerous situation" can it be if neutral and ground wires are
connected somewhere up in circuits? Also I checked my service which is
three years old and was done by license electrician has only three
incoming wires - there are no separate ground and neutral wire, just
one thick white wire connected to neutral/ground terminal.