Goedjn

As for the girls working 12hours, the alternative is probably working 14
hours a day on a farm, without health care, without pay, and without hope.
$100 a year might be the difference between servitude (or slavery) and
some independence.

You may be right, but I can't help to think we are helping to keep it that
way by demanding lower and lower prices for goods at the big box stores.
I'm not one for just giving away my money, but I'm willing to pay $12 for a
toaster made by workers putting in a 50 hour week rather than $9 for one
made by near slaves.

Maybe, but that's not really the choice you have.. The available
choice is buying a $9 toaster by "near slaves", or NOT buying it.
In the latter case, you may end up buying a $12 toaster from someone
ELSE, but that doesn't really help the chinese slave girl any,
she's still out of a job.