Texas Yankee

You guys are amazing - thanks very much for the suggestions!

"TURTLE" wrote in message
.. .

"Texas Yankee" wrote in message
I need a sanity check - my AC went out a two weeks ago - the tech found a
loose/burnt wire (on the start wind terminal - whatever that means) - he
re-attached it - he mentioned that the compressor seemed to be working
normally, but it was 10 years old and out of warranty - AC wend down

again
last night - he came out today, the same wire was burned out - he
re-attached the wire, mentioned that he may not have repaired it

correctly
last time, but then again it could be a compressor problem - the

compressor
is a RUUD UAKA037JAZ - no charge for this trip - but he wrote on the

bill
that a compressor would run $1,487.07 if it eventually needed to be
replaced - does this pricing sound close to reasonable? These guys have
always seemed honest and reliable previously, but $1400 is $1400 - I

gotta
check. Thanks, experts!

This is Turtle.

If it is just a compressor only to be changed $1,487.00 seems a little on

the
high side but due to the area it might be good there in your area but not

in
mine in Central Louisiana.

If it is for the '' whole condenser unit '' the $1,487.00 seem to be a

excellent
price and fair in everyway.

you need to clear this up.

Now like Bob Said a good Terminal repair kit will fix this problem.

TURTLE