Harry K

Peter H wrote:
"Walter R." wrote in message
All my life I have struggled with garden hoses and long electric

power
cords. No matter what I do, I cannot get them to coil neatly after

I have
used them. They invariable turn into pretzels and then get tangled.

Is there an easy way to solve this problem?

--
Walter
www.rationality.net

To prevent an electrical cord from kinking and knotting up wind it in

large
loops that take 5 or 6 feet of cord. Winding them around your arm

(upper arm
and thumb method) will always kink an electrical cord.

Use the same method for a hose, but make sure that the end has

nothing on
it. I agree with the recommendations re good quality hoses. I've

always
used quality rubber hose. Be careful not to kink it while working

with it.

Peter H

Second that! I bout a top quality hose and due to carelessness managed
to put 2 kinks into while I was unpacking it. Quality hoses that get a
kink, will always have that kink and it is amazingly easy to kink one.

Harry K