Doug Miller

In article .com, "Corporate Monkey" wrote:
I have a nice large family room/breakfast room addition. The issue is
that one wall is all brick (use to be the back of the house). The brick
wall is 12 feet high and 30 feet long.

I would rather that wall have the look of drywall, not brick. Any
solutions? I could put up dry wall but then I assume I'd need to put up
studs and attach them to the brick?

That's correct. Firring strips, anyway - not necessarily studs.

Would drywall mud work?

Sure - over the joints in your drywall. You're not thinking of putting drywall
mud right over the brick, are you?

Any other creative ideas?

It might work to have the wall plastered. But talk to a plaster contractor.
That is *not* a do-it-yourself job: making an entire wall look flat and smooth
is an art unto itself, that requires considerable practice.

--
Regards,