bill a

I read a project report once that said convection venting was more efficient
with a "tall" vent pipe than with a turbine.
I believe the vent pipe in that case was dark coated for solar heat
absorption, thus aiding the flue effect (along with some extra height).

Bill

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
. ..
jbclem wrote:
That's nice to know...if the convection drives the turbine than it
would actually turn without any wind.

What I wonder is if the convection is enough to turn the turbine, why
bother with the turbine when you already have the strong convection?

I like that 20 deg drop you
got, that would be very nice in my case...although your turbine was
probably vented the entire garage, not just the roof-celing area.

John

"nospambob" wrote in message
Convection from hot spaces drive them. Our garage went from 10°
above adjacent patio to 10° below when the turbine was put in during
reroof.

On Mon, 23 May 2005 01:52:06 -0700, "jbclem"
wrote:

I have a small old two story house, and the top floor gets very
hot during the day. I'm thinking of installing one or two roof
turbines, and also am considering putting some insulation in above
the ceiling, under the roof (I'm sure there isn't any right now).
I'd like to hear some opinions about these ideas, and would
appreciate any other suggestions. I like the idea of the roof
turbines because they don't require anything but a little wind to
operate.

John

--
Joseph Meehan