Bill

On Sun, 22 May 2005 17:31:32 GMT, Bill
wrote:

I run the filter, it clogs up in less than six hours, I backwash, put
more DE into the filter...repeat...repeat...

I have found that with my Hayward DE filter, if I only put 25% of the
recommended DE into the filter it runs much longer before it becomes
clogged indicating it's time to backwash...

Question: Should I run the filter without any DE in the filter until I
get all the Algae out of the water? Will it hurt the filter to run it
without DE in it? How do I get the pool water cleaned up without
backwashing four times a day?

Bill

Thanks for all the advice guys! It's cleared enough that I can see
through the algae filled water to the bottom in the shallow end now!
It seems that with 25% percent of the recommended DE applied to my
filter I can run about 24 hours and still feel a little water pressure
coming out the return line into my pool.

I know one thing for sure...next fall I will get a new cover to go
over my nice clean pool water and I won't put that leaf net over it
all winter again!

Regards,
Bill