Stormin Mormon

That oughta been a very easy find for an AC technician. I've never soldered
low power contactor wires. Wirenut, followed by electrical tape has worked
for me.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Ken" wrote in message

Don't buy anything until you get someone else to look at it. He may be
completely honest, but almost 30 years ago I called an A/C man to look
at my new unit. He agreed it was under warranty and replacement of the
compressor would be free, but labor was not. I thanked him and fixed
the problem in five minutes after he had left. It was the contactor was
not energized due to corroded wires from the thermostat. They were
twisted together instead of soldered, and the copper corroded.

Lastly, the same compressor is still working fine 30 years later. I
guess he was either incompetent, or a crook. My guess is the latter.
Not all are, but it is wise to get another opinion.