Doug Miller

In article , Wayne Whitney wrote:
On 2005-05-23, Doug Miller wrote:

Get a CPVC female thread adapter - make sure you get the kind that has a
neoprene gasket at the seat of the fitting - and a copper male thread

adapter.

I have read that it is customary to use a male plastic thread adapter
and a female copper thread adapter. The idea is that since copper is
stronger than plastic, if you use a female plastic part, inserting the
male copper part may stretch the female plastic part, causing a future
leak. (Plumbing a House, by Peter Hemp, Chapter 4 "Joining Plastic
Pipe to Metal Pipe")

Yes, I've read that, too - but I have *experienced* that male plastic to
female metal joints almost _always_ leak, and male metal to female plastic
with neoprene gasket _never_ do.

--
Regards,