frankg

I have to join 1/2 inch copper to 1/2 inch cpvc and the
'clerk/salesperson' at Home Depot sold me on using the Push N Turn
couplings. Well I've now used up 3 of them (they're non reusable
items)and I still have a leak on the cpvc side ! The copper side seems
fine. It's become a waste of money and time. Is this 'do-able'and am I
missing a trick?

You folks said - "Get a CPVC female thread adapter - make sure you get the
kind that has a
neoprene gasket at the seat of the fitting - and a copper male thread
adapter.
Sweat-solder the copper adapter on to the copper pipe, wait for it to cool,
coat the threads with pipe dope, and screw the plastic adapter onto it.
Finally, solvent-weld the plastic pipe into the adapter."

and also,

" Get male & female / copper CPVC
adapters sweat or glue each side"

Do you maybe have a link to what these look like so I can recognize them in
the store ?I did a google search but didnt find anything