meirman

In alt.home.repair on Sun, 22 May 2005 22:39:37 GMT Red Cloud®
posted:

On Sun, 22 May 2005 18:30:20 -0400, w_tom wrote:

My post was about people who 'feel' rather than first learn
facts. For some reason, Red Cloud has decided to use himself
as a perfect example.

Okay, then, w_tom, please show me, and everyone else, where you specified what
type of grease should be used in a switch, and it's characteristics. You can't.

You have a very long and colorful history in usenet of posting lengthy technical
answers that contain enough true information to make them seem believable, but
then you go further and add stuff that is completely and scientifically
unsupportable.

You have used this technique for years to post advice, which if followed, could
easily cause injury or death. I'm far from being the only one to point this out.
Due to the danger of your posts, I've collected a few over the years, including
dangerous. Shall I start posting a few of them?

So, where did you say what kind of grease to use? I'll be waiting, troll.

rusty redcloud

Well, I'm sorry to have started something that led to a fight.

My understanding of wtom's first post was that it was just meant to
contrdadict the poster before him who said that grease was bad. I
don't think wtom recommended any specific good grease, but I also
don't think he said any old grease would be all right.

And there was no need for wtom to suggest a grease, because 5 hours
earlier in the same subthread, Joseph had suggested a conductive
grease from the autoparts store.

Meirman
--
If emailing, please let me know whether