PDQ

wrote in message =
news:Ha1ke.528$yp.18@fed1read02...
| Hello,
|=20
| I'm planning on replacing and retrimming various doors here.
|=20
| Currently the trim is a basic 1 1/4 plain casing. I'd like to go with
| something a bit more decorative, and a bit wider as well.
|=20
| The problem is that a couple of the doors are pegged dead up against =
walls
| with no room for wider casing. I'd really rather not have two doors =
drive
| the casing choice for the entire house. I'd really really rather not =
(and
| won't, at least not at this point) move the door openings.
|=20
| Has anyone dealt with this before? I don't believe you can just rip =
the
| casing down to width as that will force an odd miter angle which will =
stick
| out terribly. Just try and use a narrower trim that roughly matches =
the
| profile of the wider one?
|=20
| thank you for comments
| ml

Actually, that is exactly what I did.

I ripped 1 piece of trim to exactly fit the width of the wall and cut a =
45 degree joint.

I cut the other piece to go to the adjoining wall and then cut off only =
enough of the 45 on it to permit the vertical trim piece to properly =
join.

To my inexperienced eye, the result seems quite pleasing.

BTB I am using 2 1/2" oak trim.

--=20
PDQ
--=20