Harry K

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"miamicuse" wrote in message
I just pounded a galvanized steel post 24" into the ground, and

poured
concrete around it for a mail box.

It just started pouring outside. What would that do to the

concrete?
Will
it mess it up? Should I pull out the post while the concrete is

not 100%
set and do it again another day? or should I leave it?

Pouring rain may dimple the surface a bit, but that is about all if

it is
partially set. If you can, cover it so it is not in a puddle. Some

moisture
is a good thing and helps slow the cure for more strength. Don't

pull the
post.

It is my experience that it doesn't even need to be partially set. The
rain will only effect the immediate surface layer. I have poured
premix concrete (adding some cement) -under- water for a small dam and
it set up hard. Of course I had pour through a tube so additional
water didn't mix in while I was pouring.

Harry K