Ron in NY

"Hound Dog" wrote:

I have apparently got several cans of gasoline that have been saturated with
water.

This gas works GOOD in my car, but will not work at all in my lawnmower.

Have any of you had such an experience?

That's because in your car, the fuel pump siphons gas from about 1 or 2 inches
from the bottom--no water there. Your mower, on the other hand, feeds gas from
the very bottom of the tank exactly where the water is. Today's ethanol blended
gasolines are different from older gas in that water does not necessarily fall
to the bottom. It will float around in the gas in "slugs" until the gas gets
about 10% saturated. Then it will start to separate out and fall to the bottom
unless it gets disturbed. Then it will start floating again.

RON

Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.