Joseph Meehan

James Bond wrote:
While calculating the number of soffit vents I am going to install in
my house, I am operating on the priciple that I should have equal
intake square footage (from the soffit vents to be installed) as
exhaust. Now my question is do my existing gable vents count as
intake or exhaust? And just to be sure I am using the right term, by
gable vent I mean the two triangular vents at each end of my house
that are right below the peak of the roof. It is my guess that after
the installation of soffit vents that these gable vents would
function as exhaust, but I want to verify that.

TIA for any help.

James

It is really a complex issue. Most of the time (assuming they are
located high at the peak) they will act as exhaust. Depending on the wind,
temperature of air and deck temperature who knows at any given moment. On
occasion they can act as a short cut reducing ventilation.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit