TURTLE

"Paul O." wrote in message
news
Anyone have a rule of thumb for how cold the air from the register should be?
At the present the outside temp is 95 and the air out of the register is 50
deg. This sound about right. Thanks.

--
Paul O.

This is Turtle.

Well i will tell you what the old rules was as to air temps 30 years ago and
today it is very much different.

Home Central air systems the temp will run between 55ºF to 65ºF discharge temp.s
depending on the temperature of the air in the house and has nothing to do with
the temp outdoors.

Trailor houses and other tight space cooling units can run down to 50ºF to 60ºF
discharge temp.

These are the old ways and the new equipment change these numbers up to a point
of these temp maybe different at to being real.

I will say this I really don't like the 50ºF discharge temp but you need to have
your system checked out to see for 50ºF temp just seems too low for my notion.

TURTLE