Art

In my experience plumbers often don't tighten stuff enuf. Call him back.

"sbcglobal.net : Sam Nickaby" wrote in message
. ..
"Jeff Wisnia" wrote

Does it drip constantly or only when you have recently used the sink? If
continuously, it probably isn't the drain, unless it's leaking from the
bottom of the trap, where it would take quite a while to empty out the
trap at one drop per hour.

Hi,
The leak is from the bottom part of sink strainer that goes into a
compression
coupling on the "drain pipe," after a closer examination. This
(compression
coupling) is very tight as it can't be hand twisted any further. I may
wiggle
the drain pipe (with my pinky) while someone is washing dishes and it will
begin to drip faster. The strainer appears correctly installed with the
"play
doe" formula. The leak is coming from the compression coupling, as you
call it, and I can collect half a cup while washing dishes. If I put
silicone
caulk then I might run into trouble the next time I remove the pipe. If
silicone
caulk is a good idea, I might try silicone caulk. Or ask the plumber to
come
back, if it's not out of line.

Sam