Rich

In article . com,
"Ken" wrote:

Make sure you are ok with the fact that there will be less light coming
in throught the set of windows that looks out onto the enclosed part.
I would kill to have a back porch with a roof at our house, however my
wife has ruled it out because it will shade the kitchen window and
reduce the amount of light coming into the kitchen window. Our's faces
north, so it's already the low light side of the house.

the better carpenter said to do it and add a skylight to the deck over
those kitchen windows later if it's too dark...my wife is worried about
this too! It's a compromise for sure...