Jennifer

dadiOH wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
They're easy and cheap to put in, and they look
great when they're new, but I would never choose them for my house.

I would. Tiles are impervious to just about *anything* and are dead
simple to keep clean. It is the grout that gives people fits and

that
is because they use a light colored grout. Use a dark one and the
problem goes away.

Actually, while stained grout certainly sucks, my annoyance was with
crumbs catching in every grout line and goop stuck in in every
bubble-pore in every grout line. Granite, Silestone, formica, even
laminate... spray, wipe, and you're done. Tile, I found, was easiest
to dustbust/vacuum first, then sweep the grout lines, then spray and
wipe, then as often as not take an old toothbrush and a toothpick to
get the crap out of the grout lines. Seriously sucked. Almost as bad as
cleaning floor-to-ceiling mirrors in smokers' houses.

Never again.

--
Jennifer