Rich

Default Deck Plans (critique my photoshop pic's!!!)

Here's my mock up for my new deck: http://www.ellaweb.com/deck.jpg

here's what it looks like right now: http://www.ellaweb.com/housenodeck.jpg

It's gonna be 12'x20' screened/roofed with an 8'x20' unroofed. The
image is basically to scale but figure a standard screen door instead of
french doors. Also a 3' hand rail on the screened section and an
overhand on the roof. We'll probably paint it to match the house.

Decking will be composite (whatever I can get locally, probably choice
dek). The lower deck will be 8" from the ground to make it easier for
my 2 year old to climb onto. We'll also make the step down to the lower
deck more of a landing...maybe 4' from the door.

Quote #1: $4500 This guy is known to have rock bottom prices...I've
seen alot of his work and it's average/nothing special. A good "rental
house carpenter" as a friend calls him.

Quote #2: $9965 This guy is more of a craftsman and does
excellent/solid work.

I'll be getting another quote this week.

Comments?