Duane Bozarth wrote:
Phil Munro wrote:

It may not be poison ivy. But you should learn to identify what is
and what is not poison ivy. It can look different, but generally is
the three-leafed plant. That is as far as I will go in trying to
give a word description of it.!! :-)
What you describe does not sound like poison ivy to me. But get
someone who knows to check it out with you. --Phil

That's what I thought when he mentioned the hairy vine growing up the
tree trunk--could be poison oak, could be a creeper of a zillion sorts,
but it ain't poison ivy.

It sure is typical of the poison ivy we got up in Connecticut. Sometimes
those sucker would get massively fat but always covered with fine "hairs"

See: http://www.cattail.nu/ivy/ivy_index.html contains a link to this
picture http://www.cattail.nu/ivy/ivy_tree2.jpg with the description
"Notice the very large hairy-looking brown vine growing up the left side
of the tree. It's trying to hide, but it's a good indication that the
three-leaved plant in the front is poison ivy. I would also suspect some
of the smaller vines just behind the leaves are poison ivy, though I
wouldn't stick my nose in it to get close enough to see the hairy roots.
See the slight lobes on the leaves here."

Better picks of a huge hairy Poison ivy vine are he
http://www.donnan.com/poisonous.htm

John
--
Remove the dead poet to e-mail, tho CC'd posts are unwelcome.
Mean People Suck - It takes two deviations to get cool.